Monday 19 August 2019

Black Hole

Have you heard of a black hole? Yes, I am talking about the black hole that you find in space.  I am sure you must have some idea of it.  

As per wiki - A black hole is a region of space-time exhibiting gravitational acceleration so strong that nothing—no particles or even light—can escape from it.The boundary of the region from which no escape is possible is called the event horizon. To a distant observer, clocks near a black hole would appear to tick more slowly. We don't surely know what happens to the objects that go through a black hole.

You must be wandering why I am talking about black holes today and what I have got to do with it(or to this subject).  By the way, I am a Physics Graduate and Relativity used to be one of my favorite subjects in TY.  Its really amazing that the scientists have proved(as we know it so far) some of the theories which are so complex.  The concepts like twin paradox, black hole are so fascinating yet baffling.  Still we haven't understood everything about it.  

Coming back to black holes.  Few years of ago, I happened to see a movie called Interstellar.  I was literally on the edge of the seat in an IMAX theater especially that Black Hole travel scene.  Do you remember how the black hole looked in the movie? It looked something like this.  Its called Gargantua!



Off late, I have developed interest in photography and I take lots of photos.  Yesterday I captured a photo like this(I have used Snapseed for blurring and frames) - 


Obviously, that's not a black hole.  That's tube-light reflected in my camera lens. But the light has literally been bent as if it has reached event horizon.  Don't you feel that the image in the center of this photo looks like that Gargantua black hole?  I feel that there is similarity between black hole of a space and black hole of a camera lens!  

Black hole of camera lens also captures light, pulls everything that is around into it. A 3-D view in front of it gets converted to a 2-D image. The time seems to be stopped in that image. Doesn't it deform the space-time?  We know a little bit extra for sure what happens to the objects that pass through this black hole. The scene gets converted to a "photo" which is so powerful that just by looking at it, it can "time-travel" you in just a fraction of a second! 

I hope you followed what I wanted to say. Anyways, Happy World Photography Day! Keep clicking!


No comments:

Post a Comment

मन बावरे

तुम्ही "ती सध्या काय करते" हा चित्रपट पाहिला आहे का हो? असेलच आणि आवडला पण असेल. पण तुम्हाला माहिती की अशाच विषयावरचा "96...